Apple fan exposure: Why I rejected to buy a new iPad?

Should I get rid of the old Apple-tablet in favor of the latest iPad? Devoted fan of Apple products have come to the conclusion that it is useless. But it's not a gadget itself, and that the tablets, in his opinion, does not belong to a class of serious things.

Publication of The Next Web publishing revelations of IT-journalist and a fan of Apple Olanofa Drew, who for various reasons decided not to buy a new iPad.
Do not worry, I'm a fan of products Apple. Even when I decided to "jump" to the iPhone and switch to Android and  Windows Phone , I could not abandon it completely. To some extent due to the nature of my work, but on the other hand, there is this  device qualities that make it amazing.

iPad I got from the first day, and to get it, I even defended the twelve-hour line at the Apple Store. And I was worried, thinking about what you can do with it. I worked in GOGII, and their application textPlus start on the first generation iPad. It was an honor to participate in its development and become a user.

It turned out that all I wanted to do with the iPad, in the end, I did not do. Absolutely. When there was the iPad 2, I thought, 'Oh, wow, finally, he has a camera ... For!'. But it was not bought. And when I came out  a new iPad, I was already quite interesting.

I just moved into a new apartment and had not yet unpacked belongings, including the iPad. It's not because I think if this gadget is not cool, it just does not really my thing. And here's why.

All day at the computer

Since I have a lot of typing every day, my main workhorse - a MacBook Air. It's so wonderful machine that, by and large, I have nothing else. I know all his weaknesses, his strengths and with the addition of several cool features through real estate developer version of the Mountain Lion, I'm doing it for almost everything.

I have the smallest Mac Book Air, he is so easy that I sometimes forget that I am it with you. When you need to do something easier, simply pull it out and start working. I very much hope that in the next update will support Air laptops mobile networks - has the pleasure to use to connect to the Internet party devices.

I do not play games

The only exception - Angry Birds. The "birds" I play to pass the time waiting for a train or plane. And coping with that calm my iPhone and Android. Except for these cases, the function iPad game for me is meaningless. The new iPad - a giant graphic, but it is all useless.

I like paper books

As many as before, I do not read, but when I get to read, it should be a paper book, not the device connected to the Internet. If an electronic device, the temptation is too great multitasking, and, ultimately, I do not read.

The iPad wonderful "book" interface, and I am inclined to think that it is superior to Kindle Amazon, but if I started to read digital books, I'd rather boring "old school» Kindle. The reason is simple - when I read, I want to read and nothing more.

I do not like to watch movies on the small screen

I love to go to the movies, watch movies, talk and write about them. I do not use the application for watching movies and TV shows, I like a lively discussion of films, and I never liked to watch movies on the small screen. Never.

I do not need an "intermediate" car

For many geeks buy iPad reason is that this "intermediate" device. When you feel like "sit" on the phone or the computer, you pick up for a relaxed use iPad. It is possible that in my elderly years I've realized that I needed a break. I really do not need a gadget to fill in the gaps when I did not use a computer or phone. Sometimes I like the lack of "noise."

Do not hate

My fellow geeks were shocked by the fact that I have not left a pre-order the new iPad. I myself was surprised. In the end, I'm a fan of Apple and all their products. But when it comes to the iPad, I can not think that the only function that they can add to make me want to buy it.

Not that I do not like and I totally can understand why him others, as well as my mom. If you do not sit in front of the screen all day long, it's a great way to relax and still be a "computer".

I'm more worried about the future line of "apple" laptops than iPad, though it sounds crazy, because we are in an era of "post-PC", according to Apple. But while I'm working where I work, for me, the iPad will be no more than a toy, not a device, which I really need.

Post a Comment

0 Comments